Lisa "Doe" RSS
Sunday, Christmas Day 2005 Blurb"
On Sunday, Christmas Day 2005, I was followed in the woods while working on my Winter Bugs and Walk the Burn documentaries. I guess, since I’m alive, I can only call it "suspicious circumstances". I’m sure I would have been the first holiday death in Winona county, if something hadn’t changed his mind.
If I could travel back to my documentary in the old town of Beaver, Minnesota, on 12/25/2005, just one hour earlier than my first time there, I would put cameras up and record the person who sneaked up on me in the woods. It also means that I’d have to re-live that trauma and I may not have made it out a second time.
I’ll never know what stopped him from hurting me? Was there a car that passed that I didn’t see? Is that what saved me from his next move? Why would he sneak up and then leave?
I will always have to wonder why he sneaked in that close, right behind my back, behind my head. Was he going to strangle me? Shoot me, or worse? It wasn’t the first time, nor would it be the last, that I would encounter problems with strange men in the woods where I covered a thirteen-mile beat in the Whitewater Valley, in southeastern Minnesota.
In a future Finding “Ben” episode, you’ll read about the “red pile”: a man’s collection of red rope, red duct tape, a red bag—the one that two Alaska State Troopers informed me was a body bag (I didn’t know that, but I remember the pause in their eyes when I told them). Since then, I’ve read up on these and I’m understanding that they are a biohazard bag, used for horrendous accidents, when your body is cut up into pieces. Maybe that explained the next thing I found. I will not ever forget the uneasiness that came over me when I saw his empty knife sheath sitting on top of it all, and just feet from where I sat at the main eagle nest site I covered. That told me he was the empty one.
The Suspects . . . Notes from Lisa Loucks-Christenson's Walk the Burn, Winter Bugs, and 2006, Year Two Dancer & Daedee . . .
2006, Year Two Dancer & Daedee: Epiphany Season
Sample of the documentaries. From raw text files, not edited. This was a real conversation between Lisa and a couple men who watched over her because of the problems she was having in the Whitewater Valley, while working on her Walk The Burn, Winter Bugs, and Lisa's Bald Eagle Documentaries.
This man above that Paul saw watching me, is who I refer to as "Edward" in the documentaries. If you read my books, you'll find that Edward, along with his brother, and the man that ran the trap lines around any trace of safety I had, were constant threats to me--where ever I walked, but especially in a couple of areas. Figuring out their plans was only half my challenge, the rest I documented by following my instincts.
"Edward" was always trying to get me to his house, or to go with him to Tiffany Bottoms, a nearby wildlife refuge full of massasauga rattlesnakes. Snakes that he claimed to have had in his possession, along with a breeding pair of timber rattlesnakes--at his house. Snakes I told the CO about. The conservation officer warned me that by turning him in, I'd be bringing trouble onto myself and asked if I was prepared for that?
What was the difference? Had I not already had enough "experiences?"
The sheriff told me, after another incident with Edward and co-heart(s), I had become the "town joke" and everyone wanted to mess with the "Nature Photographer".
Now, years later, I return to the valley when I want to . . . and someone else is living in his house. Who is laughing now?
- "Where's Your Daddy?"
- #1 international Best-seller
- 3M Please send 3x3 Post-it notes!
- A Beaver - Minnesota story
- a duck that inspired others
- A Lisa Loucks-Christenson Documentary
- a message of hope
- A real wolf led the author to this story
- Adventures of the Courtly Cottontails.
- and a letter meant for 21-year-old Karlene Davenport's great
- Bad cops
- Book 1
- Book 2
- Book 3
- Book 4
- Book 5
- Bow Wow Detectives trailer
- Bow Wow Detectives®
- bullet shell casings put in front of my stops
- car driver that tried to hit me was now at my house
- Christmas Day 2005
- Completing the 10/22/2021 illustration puts me at #17
- Courtly Cottontails
- Cover Reveal Ashton Ghost Town Wolves
- Cover Reveal: Ashton Ghost Town Wolves by #1 Bestselling Supernatural Wolves Author L.L. Christenson A slip in time opens at exactly the wrong time
- Cover Reveal: Dantos Valley Wolves™ Series by L.L. Christenson
- CoyWolf Entertainment™
- cut-off letters
- Dantos Valley Wolves™
- Documentary in Winona County
- Documentary of a Muscovy Duck
- Don't Eat Bees! #1 Best-selling book
- Don't Eat Bees!™ brand
- Double 2020 Royal Dragonfly Book Award for Don't Eat Bees! by Lisa Loucks-Christenson
- Driver of the yellow car that tried to hit me on the highway
- Episode One
- Episode Two
- Eron & Eve with Tok & Terno In: After the Fall Came You
- Escape from the Haunted Carnival part two
- Finding "Ben"
- Finding "Ben" Series
- Ghost Town Wolves series
- good old boy clubs
- great grandmother is mistakenly given to
- Gross negligence
- Hallowink Hollow by Lisa Loucks-Christenson
- Hallowink Hollow Series
- Hallowink Hollow Series by Lisa Loucks-Christenson
- Hallowink Hollow Series by Lisa Loucks-Chrsitenson
- Hapless Harry's future looked short
- House Intruder
- How to become the Town Joke in one season
- How to find everything you don't want to in the Minnesota Woods
- How to get stalked in 15 minutes
- How to not die too young
- illegal activities
- Impostor Conservation Officer
- Infringement on Lisa's Don't Eat Bees! book
- It's Day One of Inktober.
- L.L. Christenson
- Lisa "Doe"
- Lisa Loucks-Christenson
- Lisa Loucks-Christenson documentary
- Lisa Loucks-Christenson's
- Lisa Loucks-Christenson's Award-winning Don't Eat Bees! book
- Lisa Loucks-Christenson's Comic
- Man sneaked up behind the author in the woods
- Maybe you've felt the presence of rain
- Merchandise for Winter Bugs Exhibit
- Minnesota crime
- Minnesota Ghost Town Wolves series
- Minnesota true crime
- Minnesota's Blue Code of Silence
- My new address: C/O Heaven
- Myris & Sloan In: Lights in the Library
- Narrative Non-fiction
- Nielan & Tess In: Night Talker
- October 2004
- Olmsted County Sheriff's Department
- Online School Program: Winter Bugs Exhibit Edition
- personalized books
- Pre-order Winter Bugs Exhibit Edition
- razor blades in tires
- Release date: 10/31/2021
- Return to Cabin 7 Announced
- Rochester Minnesota Police
- S15-17 Caption: "I love the taste of rain!"
- Sequel to The Hallowink's in the Haunted Carnival - Vol. 4 - 2020 Inktober book
- Series by L.L. Christenson
- Sold at Peacock Books & Wildlife Art
- Sold at Silver Lake Books
- Sold exclusively at Peacock Books and Silver Lake Books
- Steamboat Lake-Northern Minnesota
- Stories from the Whitewater Valley
- Story Antics®
- Subsidiary licensing opportunities exist for Winter Bugs Exhibit Ediition
- The Blue Code of Silence
- the Courtly Cottontails warren
- The Hallowink's in Escape from the Haunted Carnival
- The Old Man & His Dream
- The yellow car driver was now in front of my house
- True Crime in Winona County
- True Crime Story
- True story of a Muscovy Duck
- Trust God
- Vol. 5
- Vote for Lisa Loucks-Christenson's Valentine in Ague and Fever illustration from her Museum Monday! book
- Walk the Burn
- WALK THE BURN by LIsa Loucks-Christenson is #1 in Environmental & Natural Resources Law on Amazon New Releases
- Walk The Burn is #1 in Environmental & Natural Resources Law on Amazon Hot New Release
- Walker and Winona In: Windfall
- When a meteor shower hits
- Winona Country Sheriff's Department
- Winter 2023
- Winter Bugs Exhibit
- ©2021 Lisa Loucks-Christenson All Rights Reserved. Illustration S15-17 Adventures of the Courtly Cottontails.